[CH] Re: aphids

Suzanne (suz@avana.net)
Wed, 09 Dec 1998 19:32:28 -0500

Here are some factoids I pulled from old posts.  Good luck with it!

ok,ok, according to Bosland and DeWitt (The Pepper Garden), spider-mites,
those feelthy leetle arachnids can be eliminated thusly:
in the early stages, wash your plants with a mild soap solution,then spray the
plants, esp. the undersides of the leaves with water.  do this weekly 'til the
little buggers are gone.  if your problem is more severe, invest in a good
miticide.

Insecticidal soap - or regular dish soap - or a garlic spray will take
care of the aphid problem.  To make garlic spray, take one bulb garlic,
pureee in one pint oil.  To apply, use one Tablespoon per quart of
water.  Add a drop or two of dish soap (to help the spray stick).

You can also add a pinch of pepper to the quart of garlic spray.