[CH] Houston & TV Chefs

Dan deForest (deforest@selec.net)
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 12:47:27 -0600

Hopping off the train from Lurkville again for a moment, this is Deb in
Houston:

Luke in Oz wrote:
<minus snips here and there>

>a poor turista trying to find a phone number for De "De Forest" clan in
>Houston Tx. I can honestly say that there are several AT & T operators
>who now have a somewhat vivid grasp of the Australian venacular and will
>probably not connect another single Aussie. One in particulr may even
>try to spit down the line.

Luke, sorry you had trouble finding our phone number while in Houston.
Would have been real fun to wander the Fiesta Mart together or
something.  I just love that place, too!  Tom Greaves is the one who
told me about it (Thanks, Tom!).  Get together woulda been fun, we'll
figger it out next time you come here.

Luke also wrote:

>Channel 13 Marvin Zindler's friday night resteraunt report on Houston
>eateries cured me of eating out in Houston

 "Slime in the ice machine!" -- I don't worry about Marvin Zindler's
reports that much, but do cook at home a lot instead of eating out
anyway just because we can get such good (and esp. fiery) ingredients
here (as opposed to CT where we lived just prior--exception Italian food
and lobster). At least health dept. report gets air time here which I
hope helps make the perps clean up their acts.  Marv's a character, eh?

and he wrote:

>Did get some Chiletepins from a nice American Indian lady called
>ISABEL at Lupes Plant place up the road from the Fiesta Mart.

I'll have to check this place out, haven't been there before.

Did you take all the foods from Fiesta Mart back to Oz with you or
consume them here?  Got recipes for what you did with them to share?

ChefChile wrote:
(minus snippages)

>Well I really don't know that much about TV Shows, but I'm willing to learn.
>If you can pull Rael out of retirement then we can do a little "Tag Team
>Cooking with Rael and ChefChile".

Well, Rael????  Whaddaya think about bein' a TV star?

Maybe it should be a threesome with Doug in BC tag-teaming along with
ya?  Doug?

and ChefChile also wrote:

>Get us an agent quick.  Find us a Production Company and let's go.  We'll need
>a Producer and writers and grips and lead grips and gaffers and lead gaffers

And a Best Boy....
Maybe start with a video, each of you doin a segment, to send in to
FoodTV?  You *could* seriously do something like that ...or   I can
visualize some fun footage that maybe only us CHs would buy! Nearly
nekkid chef with chile loin cloth (and a towel) with multiple nubile
sous chefs?
Doug "stirrin the pot" cookin curried-cilantro-tofu-hab soup in a big
witches' cauldron, "Double double toil and trouble"....?
ChefChile makin Rainforest Brazil Nut Hab Brittle and Sashimi Stuffed
Rocotos?

Who has a camera?

Leaving the station for Lurkville again now.
Deb in Houston