Re: [CH] Purira Peppers

Richard A.Williams (croaker@earthlink.net)
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 01:48:42 -0800

Byron Bromley wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if Purira peppers are really hotter than
> a habanero

The puriras that I grew this past summer were quite hot, but
were not even close to the heat level of El Grande. I would
rate the purira heat level about the same as the hotter Thai
varieties, about 70-80,000 Scoville units would be my best
W.A.G.

The puriras do have a nice flavor, and are well worth growing.
They do well in containers, and I had no insect problems, but
a couple of the young plants were savaged by killer monsker
slugs, until I went on a rampage with a big tub of salt...and
sprinkled diatomaceous (sp?) earth around the containers.

Richard
Soggy in Seattle...