Re: [CH] RE: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Haba=F1ero?= or Habanero

coyote (coyote@calweb.com)
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 10:35:50 -0800

Console IIcx wrote:

> On the Habaņero or Habanero issue,
>
> (Caution the n, p and a few other keys are acting up on this keyboard -
> ARRRGH!)  :)
>
> To get the ~ over the n we type 'OPTION + n' then n. Don't know if this
> works for everyone.

If you're running Win95 or later all you have to do is display Keyboard properties
(you can find it through help)
and add Mexican Spanish to your keyboard (don't forget to enable the indicator on
the task bar) Then you can switch back and forth with english and what ever
languages you wish to use. It does work with Netscape as that is what I'm using
now.. example  ņ (it is the semi colon key on the keyboard in english)

> Should we use Habaņero or Habanero? My refrence books seem to favor
> Habaņero. As a former long time native of the Miami area I worked with
> and knew many Cubans, some of them use Habaņero.

There are variations in any language , Ill stick with habanero, but to each his
own...
after all, I live in CA where they call pablano chiles  - passilla (sp?)

Coyote
Howlin' for Habaneros