Re: [CH] Now don't laugh......

Charles Demas (demas@tiac.net)
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 15:04:55 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 12 Dec 1998, J.J. Sommerville wrote:

> I made some Five Alarm Beef Chili last night...and it's Too hot for me.  Not
> horribly so (I did manage a bowl with some French Onion Dips [out of sour
> cream] thrown in).  My hubby likes it the way it is......how do I make it
> bearable for me?  I have about a quart or so left and would like to eat it
> without pain....8)  Any hints?

I think that if you cut some potatoes in 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick slices and
cook those in the chile, they'll draw away some of the heat.

I've never tried it, but I believe I've read it somewhere.

Chuck Demas
Needham, Mass.

  Eat Healthy    |   _ _   | Nothing would be done at all,
  Stay Fit       |   @ @   | If a man waited to do it so well,
  Die Anyway     |    v    | That no one could find fault with it.
  demas@tiac.net |  \___/  | http://www.tiac.net/users/demas