Re: [CH] Seeds

Bob Shuman (hobbyfarmer@t-one.net)
Sun, 13 Dec 1998 13:29:49 -0500

Regular oven set at its lowest temperature will do the trick,
too.  We save and use the silica crystals in the little
packets that come in all sorts goods you buy.  We throw a few
in the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket, gallon jar, or other
sealable container, put in our seeds and seal it up.  Our
seeds spend the Michigan winter in an unheated attic, but in
early spring, before the attic heats up,  head down to the
then cooler basement (where the moisture is higher and the
silica gel is even more important).

Hoby Farmer