[CH] Pasta made with chiles

Shantihhh@aol.com
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 00:45:54 EST

<<From: Kelly Jackson <csrne@conknet.com>>

Subject: [CH] Pasta Recipes

Dear Kelly,

We make Pasta a lot, actually Steve does. (He's the S of S & M)  Adding
chipoltle powder is truly awsome and it is especially good with chicken or a
caranitas laced sauce.  Of course Habs powder is good as well. I can't wait
for the arrival of chile powders I ordered from our purveyors on list. (Jim
Campbell and Calvin Donaghey).  Now that will make some truly awsome pasta I
do believe!  So is Porcini - just grind up the dried ones or buy the powder.
Another tasty one is curry.  Saffron is great with seafood.

Then you make a complimentary sauce and go to Thai Curry Pasta w/chicken
peanut sauce(use REAL peanuts NOT peanut butter), Chipoltle pasta w/ cilantro
cream and chorizo and chayiote or napales, Indian Curry Pasta w/eggplants or
lamb and tomatoes, or Chicken Makani sauce,  Porcini pasta w/a light cream and
fresh pocini sauce or light veal sauce, Saffron with a melange of shellfish,
dill pasta w/vodka cream shrimp sauce and on and on.

This same thought process is great for Global type tastes for wraps or pizza.
Often I'll take left over Thai Basil Chicken add some additional bird chiles,
fresh Thai Basil and put on a pizza crust oh that's tasty.
  Same w/ Chile flavored wraps throw in the Thai Chicken Basil Yummmm or a
caranitas with chipoltle wrap.

Anyway, sorry if I threw out too much, but cooking is such a wonderful
creative outlet that all can enjoy and that is why I grow at least 25
different kinds of chiles and numberous ethnic herbs.  Being from Zin country
I know it is the best beverage with chiles!

Mary-Anne