Re: [CH] San Antonio

Donald R Jordan (drjordan@rocketmail.com)
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 08:46:05 -0800 (PST)

Here I go again...

I suppose if there is a "don't miss" in SA, it's "Los Barrios," IHMO:
my favorite Tex-Mex in the world.  A small chain called Sea Island on
the northwest side has pretty good seafood for the area.  Most of the
stuff along the Riverwalk is geared more toward entertainment (loud
and liquid) than dining.  Rudy's in Leon Springs for BBQ, Little Red
Barn for steak, Grady's in Leon Valley for catfish.  If you want a
nice drive into the country, try El Chapparal in Helotes, primarily
Tex-Mex but a little of everything.  For "authentic" Mexican, I'm told
La Fogata is the place to go.

These are just the opinions of a long-time local.  Good luck, write me
off list if you want more info...

===
-DrJ-
Helotes, Texas