RE: [CH] California

JYANDERS@aol.com
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 19:05:09 EST

Judy wrote:

>I'm going to San Francisco, LA and San Diego in March.  I'll be looking for
>hot sauce stores and a few restaurants, hot andor  vegetarian. I don't even
>know if my friend is a vegetarian or a chile head, so the restaurants have to
>be on the "no explosions" level.

>Anyone have any suggestions?

In SF, go to Fisherman's Wharf and get clam chowder served in a sourdough bowl
from a street vendor.

In LA, try El Pollo Inca (there are several of them). Its a Peruvian
restaurant that is very good. I recommend the pollo a la brasa; its a seasoned
rotisserie style chicken that I always get when I'm in LA. Try it with an Inca
Cola for a true Peruvian meal.

John - Phoenix