Re: [CH] Hydroponics

Tom Cuneo (webmaster@forsite.net)
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 18:25:02 -0500

This is correct. For Best results I would buy 2 400 watters for a 10X10,
one of each type and have them both running... You will want to rotate them
if possible or rotate the plants so that they all get equal shares of each
light type. If you don't, you will notice half of your plants grower taller
while the others may look slightly different and flower sooner.
I'd be interested in doing some real data gathering about which type of
light might produce a difference in heat levels of the pepper. Your talking
about 2 wide ends of the spectrum between the two lights, so how the plants
percieve both types and how it uses the energy it gathers - well I would
think could/maybe/might make some sort of difference.

Tom Cuneo

www.forsite.net

At 06:15 PM 12/30/98 -0500, Joe Ferguson wrote:
>>From what I've just been reading today, I think a 1000W MH covers a
>10'x10' area adequately.
>
>On Wed, 30 Dec 1998, Tom F. Bryant wrote:
>
>> Tom, we may have discussed this before, but I still have a couple of simple
>> questions. I'm not interested in hydroponics at this point, but do need
some
>> lighting pointers for my "nelaos" greenhouse. (Not Enough Light, Added-On
>> Solarium). I'm using 2 pairs of 4' fluorescent gro-lights, but they just
>> don't cover enough area. I'd like to cover an area of 10 square feet with
>> one Metal Halide bulb, and one High Pressure Sodium bulb, with timers for
>> each if necessary, but one timer for both if that'll work. If this is
>> feasible, what size bulbs should I use? Everybody join in and help me in my
>> "ignernt" state. Thanky,
>> Tom Bryant

Tom