Re: [CH] (Fwd) Songs

John Benz Fentner, Jr. (johnfentner@home.net)
Mon, 04 Jan 1999 14:19:13 -0500

"Bloechl, Sharen Rund" wrote:

> Can't remember the title but it ends w/an extra stanza added in something
> like this. . .
> "...I went to pick momma up in my pickup truck in the rain
>  the day she got out of jail but she got run over by the damn old train...."

Egad! How could you forget "You Never Even Called Me By My
Name" by the lovely and talented David Allan Coe?

"I was drunk, the day my Mom got out of prison,
And I went to pick her up in the rain,
But before I could get to the station in my pickup...
Truck...
She got runned over by a damned old train."

The Perfect Country Song with the extra lyrics by Steve
Goodman

JB
You don't have to call me Merle Haggard
Anymore