Re: [CH] Sharen Rund Bloechl posted

Laborde, John (John.Laborde@jci.com)
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 10:44:24 -0600

     Could it be written by Steve Goodman?

     John LaBorde
     Oconomowoc, Wisc.

______________________________ Reply Separator ____________________________
_____
Subject: [CH] Sharen Rund Bloechl posted
Author:  Luke Van Santen <Luke.VanSanten@dot.state.mn.us> at
JOHNSON_CONTROLS
Date:    1/5/99 1:43 PM

Sharen Rund Bloechl posted

Can't remember the title but it ends w/an extra stanza added in something
like this. . .
"...I went to pick momma up in my pickup truck in the rain
 the day she got out of jail but she got run over by the damn old
 train...."

It is by David Allan Coe, a good ol' redneck. The title might be "You Don't
Have to Call Me (Darlin')" or it might  be "The perfect Country Song". I
know when Mr. Coe is singing it, he discusses how it came about and calls
it the perfect country song. A more complete rendition of the verse is as
follows

"I was drunk, the day my mom, got outta prison,
an' I went, to pick her up, in the rain
But before I could get to the station in my pickup truck,
She got runned over by a damned ol' train."

Not chile related, but good nonetheless.

Luke Van Santen
St. Louis Park, MN
!
!