Re: [CH] Music (Credit where Credit's Due)

Valerie (seabreeze@concentric.net)
Thu, 07 Jan 1999 10:21:37 -0600

Thanx DrJ! I figured out how to order and I'm waiting to hear back
from them... No prices on the webpage, go figure!! I am actually
looking to find a copy of the whole album that The Rodeo Song is
on, as I remember, there were a few doozies on there!!

Ok, just to stay on CH topic, hmmmm, ok a recipe I just tried and
loved!!

Pepper Tomato Shrimp
(From Chef Paul's Fiery Foods That I Love)

Seasoning Mix
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
1     tsp dried basil
1     tsp cayenne
1     tsp ground coriander
1     tsp ground fennel seeds
1     tsp onion powder
1     tsp ground dried arbol chiles (I used Calvin's)
1     tsp  salt
1     tsp thyme
3/4   tsp black pepper
1/2   tsp white pepper

Other Ingredients
4 TBSP unsalted butter
1 cup EACH of chopped green, red, yellow peppers
2 cups chopped onions
1 cup chopped celery
1 TBSP minced fresh garlic
1 TBSP minced fresh ginger
3 finely diced jalapenos (I used 5 serranos)
1 6-oz can tomato paste
1 cup shrimp stock
2 (14 1/2- oz) cans diced tomatoes
1 pound peeled shrimp

Combine seasoning mix ingredients in small bowl.
Preheat a heavy 5-qt pot over high hear for 4 min. Add the butter, bell
peppers, onions, celery, garlic, ginger, chiles, and seasoning mix. Cook
stirring and scraping the bottom of the pot frequently, until the
veggies
are wilted and browned, and the mixture is sticking to the bottom, about
10 min. Add the tomato paste and stir constantly until the tomato paste
begins to stick hard, about 5 minutes, then immediately stir in the
stock.
Scrape the bottom to loosen any brown bits and add the tomatoes. cook,
stirring frequently, for 10 min, then add the shrimp. Bring just to a
boil,
reduce heat to medium and simmer just till shrimp is opaque and plump,
about 3-5 minutes. I had with rice, would be good w/ angel hair pasta
too!
See ya!
Valerie

--
Valerie / Breeze

ICQ# 3953329
http://www.Geocities.com/Yosemite/1495
"the future is no place to place your better days" djm