Re: [CH] Hab Surplus?

Dave Drum (xrated@cityscape.net)
Fri, 08 Jan 1999 07:58:23 -0600

"James E. Rose" wrote:

> Once upon a time, Tim shaped the electrons to say:
>
> >Also, what's your favorite wood for smoking peppers?
>
> Can I jump in here? Begging pardon, I know you asked Steve, but being born
> and bred in teh south, I'd love to say that my favorite wood for smoking
> ANYTHING, fish, beef, pork, chicken, and any type of peppers is, of
> course...hickory.
> Man, do I LOVE that hickory!!!
>
> James
> Now in Yakima, Washington

Hick'ry is nice. But so is maple. Fruit woods often give good
results... notably apple and cherry wood. Another I have used and
haven't seen much on is grapevine - I smoked some Hungarian Hot Wax
this summer using the trimmings from when we pruned back the grapes.
Outstanding. Of course there are also the other traditional southron
smoking woods.... mesquite and pecan. Really one can use any wood to
somke with - EXCEPT (this is important) OLEANDER!!! Oleander smoke is
poisonous and will kill you.

ENJOY!!!
--
Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchens
Home of Yaaaah Hoooo Aaahhh HOT Sauce & Hardin Cider