Re: [CH] Greetings all CHers

Jonathan T. Smillie (jsmillie@protix.com)
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 12:27:35 -0600

At 05:27 PM 1/12/99 EST, GarryMass@aol.com wrote:
>When you consider the number of different chiles Paul Prudhomme usues in his
>various books, I'm a bit surprised that he hasn't been mentioned in the
>Digests I've read to date.

There have been some mentions of Prudhomme on the list. I think the main
detraction, if any, from his recipes is their complexity. I only have one
of his cookbooks, "Fiery Foods that I Love" (which I paid full price for,
causing me much chagrin when other CHs reported it, not two months later,
on the bargain table at their local bookstores!); I've enjoyed everything
I've made out of it, but you do have to be prepared to invest a significant
amount of time and a lot of ingredients in the result.

That's not to say I'd be unwilling to see a few Prudhomme recipes posted
here...

Jonathan

Jonathan Smillie
Installation & Training Team Manager