RE: [CH] Chipotles and Cream Cheese!

Jeff James (JEFFJ@Attachmate.com)
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 17:28:29 -0800

Up here in the NW you can get many brands of Neufchatel in the supermarkets,
labeled as 'Light' Cream Cheese.  They can't actually call it Light Cream
Cheese, so its usually called Philly Lite, and then in small letters it will
say Neufchatel.

Just an fyi....

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale Hitchcock [mailto:dhitchco@zzapp.org]
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 1999 4:36 PM
To: 'chile-heads@GlobalGarden.com'
Subject: [CH] Chipotles and Cream Cheese!

There have been a couple of posting on the delightful
combination of chipotles and cream cheese as a spread
or "schmeer" for bread, bagels, etc.  I want to offer an
even simpler alternative....your favorite salsa and
neufchatel cheese as a sandwich on a robust homemade
bread.  An excellent snack!   After a (FDA nutritionist)
friend recommended this to me I had a little trouble finding
the neufchatel but finally found it at our new Trader Joe's.
The brand they sell at least seems to be even softer than
cream cheese and supposedly contains  a third less fat.

Dale H.
Bethesda, MD
dhitchco@zzapp.org

P.S.   There is life at Chile Pepper magazine!   After missing several
months I finally received an issue for Feb. '99.