Re: [CH] History of Chilli in Australia

Michael Bailes (frgntgar@ozemail.com.au)
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 16:46:33 +1100

At 11:41 PM +1000 18/1/99, luke wrote:
>You!!!! want something sensible from us. ????????
>
>Hi Michael,
>           Here's one for you. The Kanakas brought here by the
>blackbirders from the New Hebrides brought some birds eye chiles with
>them as well as the recipes for some of their pickles. As Julius Summner
>Miller would have said "How is it so" - well my stepsister is married to
>the descendent of one and I posted one of the Pickle recipes a couple of
>years ? ago .
>              Luke in Oz

Thanks Luke
seems the history is one of imigrants. The poms seem to be happy with meat
and two veg.
Liked your web site
Michael

Michael Bailes.
Herbarist
The Fragrant Garden, Portsmouth Road, Erina. N.S.W. 2250 Australia. (OZ)
International fax 61 243 651979          Phone 61 243 677322
Bookshop, nursery, media, school, garden, medical herbalist, cafe, herbal
products, gift gallery, insanity. EMAIL: frgntgar@ozemail.com.au
  	Web page at: http://www.fragrantgarden.com.au/
Chilli Festival 1999
At TFG: 5, 6, 7 March  see  http://www.fragrantgarden.com.au/chillifestival/