Re: [CH] Dried Chiles

Michael Bailes (frgntgar@ozemail.com.au)
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 17:54:41 +1100

At 1:43 PM +1100 21/1/99, Fireworks Foods wrote:
>Hi
>
>I'm looking for a source of recipes using dried chiles.  We are an
>Australian mail-order business and carry a range of dried chiles including
>Mulato, Ancho, Pasilla, New Mexico etc.  We find that very few Australians
>have any idea what to do with a pack of say dried Anchos. Obviously we need
>educating.
>
>thanks
>
>neale
We all do Neal.
These are not commonly grown here but feature a lot in Tex Mex cooking
especially the newer chefs/restarants/push.  The people I have seen who use
them the best are Victor and Jim from the Rattlesnake Grill in Sydney. They
will be talking and demonstrating at our Chilli Festival in March.
However  I am sure the Chilli Heads group will inundate you with recipies.
Could you snail mail me a copy of your catalogue please?

Michael Bailes.
Herbarist
The Fragrant Garden, Portsmouth Road, Erina. N.S.W. 2250 Australia. (OZ)
International fax 61 243 651979          Phone 61 243 677322
Bookshop, nursery, media, school, garden, medical herbalist, cafe, herbal
products, gift gallery, insanity. EMAIL: frgntgar@ozemail.com.au
  	Web page at: http://www.fragrantgarden.com.au/
Chilli Festival 1999
At TFG: 5, 6, 7 March  see  http://www.fragrantgarden.com.au/chillifestival/