Re: [CH] How long do chile seeds keep.

Roger Shezall (rshezall@netcomuk.co.uk)
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 14:29:23 +0000

Billy Boy wrote:

> Does anyone know how long chile seeds keep for? What is the best way of
> storing them?

I have had success with self harvested seed up to 3 years old, and the
germination rate doesn't seem very different between one and two year-old
seed.

Mine are stored in 35mm film cans - the black ones with a snap-on lid. Just
go along to your nearest photo processor and they'll give you all you can
carry. Then I keep the cans in my desk drawer where the temperature doesn't
vary much.

Roger

"Sir, a man who will not mind his belly will not mind much else"
(Dr Johnson)