Re: [CH] Question ??

Console IIcx (tfnews@gate.net)
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 01:14:38 +0000

I have tried the following three methods, some success with each.
1- the method I like best is to use a leaf of the plant as a background.
Lay the leaf on the off white mat board in #2. This gives a photograph
of both leaf and flower.
2- Lay the flower on an off white, pale blue or pale beige piece of
'mat' board. (From a art supply store, scraps about 12*12 or 18*18 work
fine).
3- A harder but fun method is to use a fine wire to suspend the flower
against a dark blue sky (or place a potted plant so that the flowers are
backed by the sky). (Light reading from the flower, not the sky.) It
helps to shoot a double shot, the second one steped down a bit. This can
produce good results

When you get ready to shoot the photos make (if you don't already have
them) a couple of reflectors from Alum. foil and a piece of card board
or mat board. Produce a good lighting to bring out the details. I have
also used a light misting of water to get that 'fresh' look. I would
prefer film (Kodak 200 or 100) as before scans are made you could have
the lab reprint (about .22 each here) and correct colour or contrast.

Let me know how they come out. If fact I would like e-mail copies if I
could use them on my own pages.

Best of growing,

Bob Cannon
http://www.gate.net/~tfnews