Re: [CH] Re: Rare Chiles; Greetings to all CHers

Michael Bailes (frgntgar@ozemail.com.au)
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 20:03:09 +1100

At 2:49 PM -0500 23/1/99, GarryMass@aol.com wrote:
>Michael Bailes notes (among others) Cascabel, Chimayo, Espanola Improved,
>Guajillo, Jamaican Scotch Bonnet, Mirasol, Pasilla, Piquin (Pequin) as rare
>near him.
>Two points:[1] Aren't Mirasol (Marisol) and Guajillo the same chile?  and
>Chimayo just another var of New Mex and Anaheim? and Pasilla another var of
>Negro or Chicala?  Or are the differences more than "name deep?"  I have many
>of these in abundance.  [2] Following this name game thread for a moment,
>alternate names for Chile Colorin (almost no heat), and C. Pulla, Pasado, and
>Morita.
>Can anyone help?
>Gareth the ChileKnight
Gareth
There is alist of the 200 chillies we grew last year on our web site.
You might like to download it.
We have included local names where we knew them .
I would be grateful for your comments on the list.
michael B

Michael Bailes.
Herbarist
The Fragrant Garden, Portsmouth Road, Erina. N.S.W. 2250 Australia. (OZ)
International fax 61 243 651979          Phone 61 243 677322
Bookshop, nursery, media, school, garden, medical herbalist, cafe, herbal
products, gift gallery, insanity. EMAIL: frgntgar@ozemail.com.au
  	Web page at: http://www.fragrantgarden.com.au/
Chilli Festival 1999
At TFG: 5, 6, 7 March  see  http://www.fragrantgarden.com.au/chillifestival/