Re: FW: [CH] Fertilizer questions.

Michael Bailes (frgntgar@ozemail.com.au)
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 18:29:12 +1100

At 2:56 PM -0600 29/1/99, Parkhurst, Scott Contractor wrote:
>>> What's the best all around fertilizer for peppers grown in pots?
>
>>I would vote for "Miracle-Gro for Tomatoes".  Of course there is a down
>>side: Miracle-Gro products are expensive.
>
>I second that vote for M-G, (at the risk of offending the organic CH's).

Growing organically in a plastic pot with a soil substitute is difficult.
Tomato fertilisers are good for Chillies especially in Summer when they are
fruiting.
 Expensive is relative Don't just compare quantity and price look at the
NPK ratio How much fertilser as againt inert filling are you getting?
What dilution ratios are recommended. Some soluble fertilisers can be twice
asstrong as othrers.
Michael B