Re: [CH] Re: WWW comment page

Michael Bailes (frgntgar@ozemail.com.au)
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 18:38:29 +1100

At 8:31 AM +0000 1/2/99, Andrew Healy wrote:
>A>> the_comments_are_: Early Scotch Bonnet seeds, from Simpson's seeds,
>>>do very well.  To aid germination use a mild bleach wash.
>
>>Hello Andrew. I agree. The bleach softens the hard seed casing making
>>germination easier. Under tray heating is also a boon.
>
><G.Caselton>
>
>Has anyone tried to compare the fertilising propertiews of chemicals (e.g.
>Miracle Gro) with natural sources (e.g. Pigeon droppings) ?
>
>That which doesn't kill us, makes us strong !  <Nietzsche>
>
>					Andrew Healy
Thre is aseed discussion list which goes into this and more

> Welcome to Propagation Mailing list
>
> This mailing list is provided to educate members on propagating
> plants. You may ask "What type of plants?"  Well, we will cover all types
> of plant propagation such as; seed germination, leaf/root cuttings, hard
>wood
> cuttings and the type of equipment or chemicals to achieve propagation.
>
> Now I confess, I am no expert in understanding all the issues of
> propagation or understanding each species per there Latin name, but with new
> members, each one can provide their knowledge due to practical experience.
> The  goal of the mailing list is to provide an avenue to educate the members
> in successful propagation techniques. The mailing list will not be limited
> to any specific family of plants. I hope you will join the mailing list and
> enjoy the vast education you will gain towards propagating plants.  I know
> there will be a differences of opinions, so please be nice a suggest your
> opinion in a professional manner.
>
> CAUTION: This is not a mailing list to find seed sources.
> I am totally against this. If you know the propagation process of a
> plant and are looking for a seed source, then it is ok to ask for the
> seed as long as you state the propagation process.
>
> To send postings to the Seed Mailing list, send all your questions to:
>
> seeds-list@eskimo.com
>

> To unsubscribe, follow the same process a subscribe but use unsubscribe.
>
> to UNSUBSCRIBE:
>
> Send to: seeds-list-request@eskimo.com
> On the subject line: unsubscribe
> On the body: nothing...no signature info
>
> Go to http://www.eskimo.com/~mcalpin/seed.html and save it as a bookmark.
>
> SAVE THIS POSTING FOR REFERENCE. I WILL NOT HAVE THE TIME TO UNSUBSCRIBE
> YOU.
>
> See this URL for further details: http://www.eskimo.com/~mcalpin/seed.html

> Well, enough of this, lets start learning the process of propagation.
>
> Save this post please...
>
> Duncan McAlpine

Michael Bailes.
Herbarist
The Fragrant Garden, Portsmouth Road, Erina. N.S.W. 2250 Australia. (OZ)
International fax 61 243 651979          Phone 61 243 677322
Bookshop, nursery, media, school, garden, medical herbalist, cafe, herbal
products, gift gallery, insanity. EMAIL: frgntgar@ozemail.com.au
  	Web page at: http://www.fragrantgarden.com.au/
Chilli Festival 1999
At TFG: 5, 6, 7 March  see  http://www.fragrantgarden.com.au/chillifestival/