Re: [CH] False Advertising

Jonathan T. Smillie (jsmillie@protix.com)
Fri, 05 Feb 1999 12:03:16 -0600

At 10:47 AM 2/5/99 -0600, Inagaddadavida wrote:
>Twas Writ:
>sounds like a violation of the Hart Act (1966-69) which deals with
>deceptive advertising, among other things,...

Unfortunately, I doubt you could make this stick. Although the packaging
has pictures of chiles, it doesn't sound as if there were any specific
claims as to what KIND of chiles were included. Unless you actually have a
package that says "contains habanero chiles" or something of the sort, when
the product contains no such thing, I think you'd have a hard time getting
any kind of false-advertising claim taken seriously.

On topic (although that's not strictly off): I'll be in Sioux Falls, South
Dakota, on February 14th and 15th. Anyone know of any hot-and-spicy
destinations (restaurants, sauce shops etc.) in the area?

Thanks

Jonathan

Jonathan Smillie
Installation & Training Team Manager