Re: [CH] Dat'l Do-it Datil Pepper Hot Sauce

John Benz Fentner, Jr. (johnfentner@home.com)
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 18:47:36 -0500

"Porter, Jeff" wrote:

> I just picked up a 7 oz bottle of Dat'l Do-it Datil Pepper Hot Sauce in my
> local grocery store for $2.99 (US$).  I've heard alot of people mention it
> on this list and look forward to trying it.  I couldn't believe the grocery
> store (Acme Markets in Exton, Southeastern PA) had the stuff stocked above
> the meat cooler at about the 7 foot eye level.  Fortunately I'm tall so it
> caught my eye.  Kind of a different shaped bottle than I'm used to seeing
> hot sauce in.  Its not the standard "woozie" bottle, but rather something I
> would expect to see cocktail sauce in.
> -JP-

It's not bad stuf but "Hot Sauce" is wishfull thinking. It's
a one on the one to ten scale. Basically a spicy ketchup
rather than what we'd call a hot sauce in this group.

JB
--
John Benz Fentner, Jr.