Re: [CH] St. Louis => Lamb Vindaloo

Andy Barnhart (quark@erols.com)
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 23:59:04 -0500

"Jonathan T. Smillie" wrote:

> Mark:
>
> I've just returned from St. Louis, and can confidently recommend House Of
> India, on Delmar, as an excellent place for the fans of subcontinental
> cuisine... had a very nice, fiery Lamb Vindaloo that was just great; lovely
> flavor as well as excellent heat. Definitely worth checking out if you're
> into Indian.
>
> Jonathan
>
> ==============================
> Jonathan Smillie
> Installation & Training Team Manager
> ProTix, Inc.
> jsmillie@protix.com / www.protix.com
> ==============================

Jonathan & Mark,

If you like Lamb Vindaloo and other Indian type food, and get to the Rockville,
MD area, I know of a Kashmir resturant in Olney that also has a great Lamb
Vindaloo.

I ordered it, and the waiter, easily observing that I didn't look at all
Indian, proceeded to caution me about the exterme spicyness -- to which I
lisened courteously.  When he was done, I ordered it  "Vindaloo times two"
(this seemed to have a nice ring to it).   After apparently conferring with the
chef, he inquired as to imply, but delicately put, did I really know what I was
doing?.

It was delicious!   -- a nice amount of heat, some sweat started to run.  (I
should point out that the courses that proceeded this were also hot.  One was
called  Tandori  Chicken.   It was somewhat like a lightly marinated, roasted,
chicken paparika.  The outside was coated all red,  except it wasn't paparika
-- it was cayanne, also very tasty.)

I bought a take-out quart of Lamb Vindaloo X2.   Two days later, I heated up a
batch, but put a generous amount of Jim's  smoked hab powder in it!    Now, it
was at real CH level.

Andy.