[CH] Habs & shade

Tony (tony@nzol.net.nz)
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 12:59:27 +1300

Jim Campbell wrote:

> I have found that large leafed plants, such as habs, respond very well
> to being provided with a little shade.
<--------------------Snip---------------->

I can only agree with this. In my small lean-to the habenero that is in
a pot behind the door that has been open since December and so is shaded
from the full sun. Is twice the plant and has much bigger leaves that
its mates out on the bench.
Ice cream and Habs. I think we touched on this a year or so ago.
Slice a fresh hab in half and scoop out the seeds. Fill with ice cream
and put in the freezer overnight. Pop it straight from the freezer.

Real cool!! I use Apricot ice cream. Luke recommended Mocha? but I am
unable to find any in NZ  rural supermarkets.

Slightly off topic. I am returning to England after 34 years to see my
older brothers and sisters. As I am 70 you can guess how old they are.
On the return journey I am having a stopover in New York and am
considering crossing USA by bus or train rather than fly direct to LA.
I would hope to see some Chile fields as it will be July by then.

Any suggestions as to which route ect, posted to me privately would be
appreciated.

Tony Flynn
Not always fishing off the beach or cooking.