Re: [CH] Chili Beer

Jonathan T. Smillie (jsmillie@protix.com)
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 12:06:02 -0600

At 08:27 AM 2/14/99 -0500, Bette L Blair wrote:

>I've tried the Cave Creek and didn't like the taste so well.  Guess I was
>spoiled by the chili beer from a brewpub in Denver.  Great flavor with a
>warm afterglow after you swallow.

Likewise the Three Pepper Pilsner at the Great Dane brewpub in Madison,
Wisconsin- a chile beer to put all other chile beers to shame. I asked
about the recipe and was told it had jalapenos, serranos and habaneros in
the mix; it certainly had a nice warm back-of-the-throat glow that built
appreciably if you drank three or four pints. I haven't been back there
recently, so I don't know if it's become a regular thing or was just a
seasonal special. Regardless, the Cave Creek is a poor cousin to that kind
of beer.

Jonathan

Jonathan Smillie
Installation & Training Team Manager