Re: [CH] Sprout

Art Pierce (pierces@cruzio.com)
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 16:07:02 -0800

Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 21:08:03 EST
From: Shantihhh@aol.com
Subject: [CH] Sprout

My wife and I are working on databases in MSWorks for our garden this
year and would like to know if anyone has any thoughts about record
keeping.

I am told there is a nifty little program w/graphics called Sprout for
gardeners.  I have been told by people who use it that it's much better
than Excel, etc.

Mary-Anne

~~~

from:
http://www.abracadata.com/sp.html

"Spring into action with Sprout!®, a unique vegetable garden design
program.

"Sprout!® is a "ground-breaking" program designed to help you plan your
vegetable garden and schedule planting times. Its unique planting tool
produces a graphic, scaleable garden plan with correct plant and row
spacing.

"Easy-to-use design tools help you draw garden layouts. There are a
number of scale choices for each unit of measure (inches or centimeter)
allowing for a wide range of plot sizes.

"Sprout!® is packed with useful growing information. The database (which
you can edit) includes 80 vegetables for seven regions, complete with
growing information needed to plan your next harvest.

"The program provides a yield estimate, shopping list of seeds, pH
chart, planting and harvesting calendar and climate maps of the U.S.,
Canada and Europe."

[Sorry, RSA & Oz.]

It's US$19.99,
but there are also free demo downloads there for

DOS 3.3 or higher, 640k, hard drive, mouse (244K):
ftp://ftp.abracadata.com/pub/dos/sprdos.zip

WIN 3.1 or later (511K):
ftp://ftp.abracadata.com/pub/win/sprwin.zip

Mac System 6.0.7 or later, 2 MB RAM, hard drive (555K):
ftp://ftp.abracadata.com/pub/mac/SprtMac1.sit.hqx