Re: [CH] dishsoap and garlic

Byron.Bromley (Byron.Bromley@Gsd-Co.Com)
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 12:47:24 -0500

Robert

To the best of my knowledge, Copper fungicide is listed as
an Organic Chemical, (RE: Readers Digest book of "Organic Gardening)
It is listed for  Bacterial Spot. Septoria and early blight. Should be
applied weekly from transplant to end of harvest.

1 Tbsp of lemon dishsoap or Baby Shampoo per gal of water
will give aphid relief for about 3 days, in a heavily infested area.
Squirting them off with water or garlic spray, about 2 hours.

I have also tried Tansy and Nettles with same results as garlic

Byron

----------
From: Robert Farr <rbfarr@erols.com>
To: Byron.Bromley <Byron.Bromley@Gsd-Co.Com>
Cc: chile-heads@globalgarden.com; OGL@LSV.UKY.EDU
Subject: Re: [CH] dishsoap and garlic
Date: Tuesday, February 23, 1999 11:24 AM

Yes - although I've used garlic extensively, I've never found it
particularly effective.  Which pains me!!

I've tried it on aphids - some success, but even with daily spraying,
those little bas...er, rascals kept coming back!!

I've also used it on a variety of fungal and bacterial diseases, without
much success.

If anyone has an organic recipe for treating septoria leaf spot and
early blight, I'd certainly like to know about it!!

Robert.