Re: [CH] Trouble with Habs

Michael Bailes (frgntgar@ozemail.com.au)
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 20:18:56 +1100

At 7:32 AM -0700 3/3/99, Kasprowicz, Ray wrote:
>Last year I started a Red Savina Habanero, great plant, large and lot's of
>foliage with one exception, NO fruit set.
>Out of all my plants, he red Hab did nothing but grow and now it's a very
>productive bush, very woody.
>It's very healthy (as far as I can tell), deep green with only a few brown
>tipped leaves and about 4ft tall.
>The heat here in Arizona may be the contributing factor to the blossom drop
>but I am not sure. My orange Hab yielded a decent crop and was two plants
>down from the red.
>As of today (3-3-99) there are several hundred buds/flowers on the plant and
>I pray to the God of peppers that some of them set.
>Just curious if anyone else may have had the same problems with the Habs. I
>don't think it's isolated to the Red Savina but since it's my first time
>growing it I just don't know.
>Any help?
You may have used afertiliser too high in nitrogen?
try a tomato fertiliser or one high in P & K.
Epsom salts are said to be good to.

Michael Bailes.
The Fragrant Garden, Portsmouth Road, Erina. N.S.W. 2250 Australia. (OZ)
International fax 61 243 651979          Phone 61 243 677322
  	Web page at: http://www.fragrantgarden.com.au/