Re: [CH] Chilehead Humor & Nawlins Parades

Rosemary Basil (rosemarybasil@yahoo.com)
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 21:45:07 -0800 (PST)

Hey Joe, Joe D?????!!!! 20 years ago? you're way too young to have had
that experience, aren't you darlin? Hope you have that napkin framed!
Gosh what did he say? Coincidentally, I'm reading a Marilyn bio now.
Email me the skivvy!
 I have an autographed pic of myself and Don Larsen and I met Willie
Mays but man, the Yankee Clipper?!!!!

The parade was a rain out but I expect there will be a rain date!
My baby pepper plants are glad they know me in their 80 degree spa,
sposed to drop to 40's again here in Nawlins!  What's it like up north?

Opening day soon!
Rose

---Joe Arditi <pepperjoe@home.com> wrote:

> Hey Rose,
> How's it going?
> Enjoy that Nawlins St. Josephs Day parade. I'm glad to hear they're
> honoring Joe DiMaggio. We met him at a hotel in Rome, Italy and he
> autographed a napkin for our whole family..maybe twenty years ago. He
> talked to me about Marilyn Monroe. Actually wanted to talk a LOT about
> her..strange considering he was usually very private about his 9 month
> marriage to her. But anyway....have a blast at the parade!
> Pepper Joe
> Rosemary Basil wrote:
> >
> > LOLOL Thanx for the Saturday chuckle, Joe.  I am hoping the rain
will
> > stop so we can enjoy our annual St. Joseph's Day Italian parade this
> > evening in the French Quarter of New Orleans. It is dedicated to Joe
> > Dimaggio so will be a special one. I've even  been lucky to meet
some
> > former grand marshalls like Annette, Sonny Bono and Fabian, thought
> > you'd appreciate that being Italian American. Our Irish festivities
> > will be next week.
> > These parades are special to me as  it was a June parade 6 years ago
> > that started me into pepper growing!  It was the TOMATO Festival
> > parade and they always throw the traditional beads just like Mardi
> > Gras but also various novelty items as well. So guess what I caught
> > but a seed pack of CAYENNE seeds? The rest is history!!!
> > Pepper Growin Rose,
> > Rose
> > Nawlins
> >
> > ---Joe Arditi <pepperjoe@home.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > There are these two chileheads sitting in a bar. The first sez
"I was
> > > born in Ireland". The other sez "I was born in Ireland".
> > > The first sez "I was born in Dublin". The other sez "I was born in
> > > Dublin".
> > > The first sez "But I was born on Dulancey Street". The other sez
"You
> > > must be kidding, I was born on Dulancey street".
> > >  To Break the coincidence the first sez "Me Mothers name was
Rose".