Re: [CH] How moist is moist?

Rosemary Basil (rosemarybasil@yahoo.com)
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 14:01:06 -0800 (PST)

Good growin ideas here! I use a mister set on fine to water gently and
lightly.
I have some Irish peppers today!!! They're wearin the green too. :)
Aji limon, peter, Carolina cayenne, super chile, giant thai &
yatsafusa have popped their heads up after germination 5 days at 80
degrees. That was the same as my red habs.
I like to think big and be thankful for what I succeed with, Judy.
May your peppers be hot and sweet and the wind be at your back,
Rosey O' Chile

---Judy Howle <howle@ebicom.net> wrote:

> Wow, that's a lot of seeds!
>
> I usually soak them good when I first plant them and then water well
every
> 2-3 days, when they appear to be drying on top.  Just thoroughly
moist, not
> dripping wet.  In other words, water doesn't run out of the holes in
the
> bottom of the plastic 6 paks.  The crucial time is after they have
sprouted.
> It's better to err on the dry side as they can die very quickly from
> overwatering and slowly from underwatering.  I accidentally put too
much
> water on mine a few days ago and two little tomatoes keeled over and
died.
> Now I am much more careful.  The easiest way to overwater is to use
a big
> pitcher. That's how I overwatered mine.  A good way to do it
correctly is to
> use a glass or plastic small coke bottle and it's easier to control
how much
> you put on.  Of cours I only have two trays to water.  It might take
a while
> with hundreds of seedlings!
> Judy "MsChile" Howle
>
> Flavors of the South; Recipes for "heat lovers"
> http://www.ebicom.net/~howle
>
> Hot and Spicy Food Editor at Suite 101
> http://www.suite101.com/topics/page.cfm/462

==
City Jungles...gardens of passion! CITY PEPPERS- grow em!
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Canopy/7686/index.html
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Square/9333/PEPPERS.html
Join PEPPERS Club & List!
http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/PEPPERS