Re: [CH] This weeks buy at Big Lots.....

Dan Butts (ndbutts@nmtc.net)
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 10:45:49 -0500

> Date:          Fri, 19 Mar 1999 08:57:10 -0500
> To:            Chile-Heads@globalgarden.com
> From:          Linda Reynolds <lr21@cornell.edu>
> Subject:       [CH] This weeks buy at Big Lots.....

> Hey Friends,
>
> This week, Bargin Betty bought "Thai Chef" packets of red and green curry
> paste for .25 each.  I have never tried it but hey, for a quarter I figured
> it was worth a try.  There are recipes on the back so I will give 'em a
> whirl.  Ya just never know what they are going to have.
>
> Anyone have any experience with these particular items? Good?  Ka-ka? I got
> snookered even for a quarter?........
>
> Linda
> in Upstate NY

Hi, Linda, that pumpkin still there?

Some friends of mine make something similar, they call "Curry
Ka-Pow!".  It has a paste consistency.  It's very good-makes a great
hot mustard substitute on hot dogs, ham, or pork.

Dan Butts