[CH] right on

Shantihhh@aol.com
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 23:10:38 EST

<<From: Bret <bhelge@clarkston.com>

Subject: Re: [CH] Recipes

Ode to a Recipe>>

To Rain and Bret,

I for one love most of the diversities of this list.  I have a delete key for
those of no interest.  I am a serious grower of Chiles (60+ varieties) among
other things like ethnic veggies and herbs.  We travel extensively on both
business and holiday  gathering chile and veggie seeds and learning new
recipes to use these newly acquired ingredients to be.  Recently -Jan. we took
a trip to Burma and Thailand gathering once again seeds and new recipes from
the best chefs---street vendors cooking over coals.  (
<A HREF="http://users.lewiston.com/ealbrook/news.htm">http://users.lewiston.co
m/ealbrook/news.htm</A>)

We have been fortunate to learn from some of the best in regions far ---yes
including Isan/the Col. and a host of others.  So when I share a recipe I am
giving out something that has been tried and perfected.  Is my taste your
taste?  That isn't the issue a recipe is a starting point of reference for
your creativity. I try to enable my students when I teach cooking classes and
write articles to be open to ideas.   Someone on this list informed me that
ALL the Thai recipes had been posted so don't post any more.  I find that an
interesting observation as cuisine/recipes are a never ending evolution just
ask Jean Georges, Charlie, and our own Chef Chile.

I love this list of diversification of Chile  growing info, eating info,
cooking info, and the general raucousness of Chile Heads.  Now I'll go back
and lurk again.  It's safer!

Mary-Anne