Re: [CH] pH etc

Rosemary Basil (rosemarybasil@yahoo.com)
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 16:18:46 -0800 (PST)

<<so why should I go more hi tech? I garden for fun and
when it stops
being fun for me, I'll quit. Not everyone feels the
need to measure,
record and analyse. Hell - usually  I don't manage to
keep track of
which peppers I planted where!>>

GOOD FOR YOU SHIVERS!
I have to agree, I think peppers are pretty rugged. I
guess this info is helpful for those who want to
maximize their yield for various projects but I hate
when new gardeners are intimidated by thinking they
have to spend an arm and a leg or get a PHD in
agriculture or not do it at all.
Gardening is a big business and getting bigger everyday
but let's HAVE FUN doing it!
Back to da garden in Nawlins,
Rose
zone 9

--- John Shivers <sshivers@execpc.com> wrote:
> OK - I tend to let everyone say their "peas" without
> commenting  - But
> on this occason I have to rant.
>
> I toss my seeds in the tray, put them under a cheap
> shoplight and plant
> the little buggers a month later in the garden.  I
> snuggle up to them
> each day and make sure they get plenty of water and
> occasionally some
> MiracleGro. One of the reasons I grow Chiles is
> because its cheaper than
> buying them. If I were to buy a pH meter, moisture
> meter etc.  - it
> would no longer be cheaper for me and I might as
well
> grow cukes for
> canning. I've never tested the pH and in fact
haven't
> even had my soil
> analyzed by the local ag agency. But I grow more
> peppers than I can use,
> so why should I go more hi tech? I garden for fun
and
> when it stops
> being fun for me, I'll quit. Not everyone feels the
> need to measure,
> record and analyse. Hell - usually  I don't manage
> keep track of
> which peppers I planted where!
>
> Well that's my rant - thank you for your time -
Signe
> "lazy as all get
> out" Shivers

===
Peace in the garden, Passion in your spirit!
CITY JUNGLES...gardens of passion!
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Canopy/7686/index.html
CITY PEPPERS...sweeeeet, HOT n SpIcY!
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Square/9333/PEPPERS.html