RE: [CH] Red Voodoo

Jeff James (JEFFJ@Attachmate.com)
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 08:20:41 -0700

That's so odd.....driving to work this morning the local radio station (KISW
for any Seattlites) had Sammy on for an interview.  He went off on this long
tangent about what Red Voodoo means:  Its the stage of the party where
you're having a great time, but not completely out of control.  His example
was when you're out partying at midnight with a good buzz going, but you
know you have to be at work at 8:00 the next morning.  When you decide to
have one more shot of tequila, stay for one more hour, and then go home,
you're in Red Voodoo.  When you have three more shots and don't get home
'till 4:30 and forget your dog's name, that's Black Voodoo, which is bad.

Didn't mention anything about peppers though.

The odd part about this is that I rarely listen to that station.
Coincidence?

Best quote of the whole interview, for those of you still reading, was in
response to Bob River's question about whether Sammy was still a complete
party hound, or whether he had slowed down a little.

"I still love to party - if somebody comes up to me and asks me to go out
'cause they fell like partying to dawn, I'm up for that.  But if somebody
comes up to me and asks me to hit baby seals over the head with a hammer,
I'll pass on that one."

Just something about that struck me as hilarious.

Ok, just to make this on topic, I have single seedlings coming up right now
of Nu-Mex 6-4, Jingle Bells, Red Savinas, and Caribbean Reds coming up.
They're in small plastic pots that I used to get them going (peat pots place
in 4 inch plastic pots.)  Its time for me to transplant to bigger pots, but
I have some restrictions - I'm growing these in my office which has a lot of
6 inch wide shelf space at window level, but only a little that's any wider.
Do the pots have to be round, or can I put them in a rectangular type pot
that I can put on the window sill?

In Chilis,

- JJ