[CH] cheap seed start

Peter Moss (pmoss@yoda.alt.za)
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 01:47:06 RSA-2

> Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 09:21:18 -0400
> From: "Byron.Bromley" <Byron.Bromley@Gsd-Co.Com>

> And Rodales list using tobacco to kill them.

I don't know who Rodales is but I do know who people like
Armando Hunziker, Hardy Eshbaugh, Barbra Pickersgill, Jean
Andrews, Paul Bosland, Dave DeWitt.... Would one of these
recommend or *list* using tobacco products on capsicum plants?

Is there no way of getting through to you that TMV only affects
Solenceae.  That tobacco products used on other plants will not
infect them.  That infected tobacco products used on Solenceae,
Capsicum included will infect them.

If you have any evidence to show that raw tobacco products do not
carry TMV then present it.  If you have any evidence to show
that infected raw tobacco products will not infect capsicum
plants then present it.

Until such time that you can show the use of raw tobacco
products on capsicum will not infect them please believe the
experts who have studied this genus.  Except that the use of
raw tobacco products on other plants that can not be infected
with TMV does not mean it is safe to use on or near capsicums.

Please stop recommending the use of raw tobacco products on
capsicum (pepper) plants to people that may not know the
dangers of that use.  Or at least warn them of the danger of
possible/probable infection.

> Done rantin' for now

Yep me too

Peter

-- Peter Moss

"Well, let's just say, 'if your VCR is still blinking 12:00, you
don't want Linux'". - Bruce Perens