[CH] Re: Tobacco = TMV

Peter Moss (pmoss@yoda.alt.za)
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 18:43:26 RSA-2

Byron

On 10 Apr 99 at 9:30, Byron.Bromley wrote:

> You made reference to the Pepper Garden.
>
> I would like you to read the bottom of pg 104 and the top of pg 105
> about cigarette smokers.

Sure, I had read it, no need to do so again.  However you need
to read my comment about tobacco crop use.  If I say tobacco
what is the product you associate with it?  When was the last
time you saw anyone chewing tobacco?  What percentage of tobacco
grown do you think goes to "other" uses?  Why do you think that
this tobacco is any different?

> Then read the first paragraph under Pest and Diseases (same
> page) > Where the recomendations are to use Nicotine sulfate
> and > Diazinon to control pest.

Both of these are not RAW tobacco products.  Why do you persist
in this belief by equating processed chemicals with your cause?
Why do you think the author did not indicate that raw tobacco
products were of use for pest control on capsicums?

> Same book, three different statements, There has to be a
> difference.

Then give some EVIDENCE of why you believe that tobacco
destined to be made into other products is immune to TMV and does
not carry the virus.  Does the plant know what the end product
will be or is it the virus that avoids such plants destined for
other uses?

It really is difficult to get this through to you.  Is this a
case of there is none so blind as those that will not see?

Sorry, but I give up.

Peter
-- Peter Moss

"Well, let's just say, 'if your VCR is still blinking 12:00, you
don't want Linux'". - Bruce Perens