Re: [CH] Pepper Disease Problem

Gail Donaghey (gdonaghey@bitstreet.com)
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 08:54:43 -0500

Robert-
Sounds like damping off, anyway.  "Pepper Diseases- A Field Guide" describes
the conditions you discuss to a T on page 22, pointing the finger of fate at
one of several Fungi.  I lost several Aji seedlings to some type of fungi in
the same manner you describe.  Under a good microscope, you could see the
spores around the sunken areas, but I never tried to identify which variety
was doing it.  Good luck, you'll need it if that's your problem. I solved
mine with more air, less moisture, and more sun, but it will spread rapidly!

Calvin