Re: [CH] Yellow boards

Hobby Farmer (hobbyfarmer@t-one.net)
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 03:05:21 -0400

Parkhurst, Scott Contractor wrote:

> Hmmm, my garden is right behind my house.
> I have not (yet, knock wood) had a problem with white flies.
> Is this *because*  or  *despite*  the fact that my house is yellow?

And smeared with motor oil?

I grow a lot of snap beans.  That seems to be where the white flies
breed and train to attack peppers and such.  I think they must raise
three generations a day.  Someone posted about using yellow traps to
monitor whitefly populations.  Not me, boy.  I stir the bean plants
up and get those whiteflies airborne.  We're not monitoring here,
this is war...

Hobby Farmer