Re: [CH] Seeds...

Rockin' Randy (ledbelly99@yahoo.com)
Mon, 3 May 1999 04:51:02 -0700 (PDT)

Howdy Marilyn,

Willow contains Salicin which was a precursor to aspirin.  Most of it is
concentrated in the bark.  Here's a reference:

http://onhealth.com/ch1/resource/herbs/item,16068.asp

I've wondered if *any* type of Chile seeds aggravate Diverticulitis, being
that there are so many types of peppers.

I've also heard that boiled Okra is good for the stomach and intestines.
The slimey type stuff that is produced from boiling is said to be
soothing.

Okra and tomatoe stew is the greatest.  Anyone got a Chilehead version of
the dish?

Have a good week!

rr

--- MReese4943@aol.com wrote:

> What's a welm?  And if you meant elm, that's aspirin.
>
> Eat the seeds, but take an aspirin first!
>
> Marilyn

===
Rockin' Randy's Homepage:
http://members.tripod.com/~rocknrandy/index.html