Re: [CH] The Ground-Hawg's back...

Ron Hill (rontah@enigma71.freeserve.co.uk)
Thu, 13 May 1999 13:47:23 +0100

Hi all,
here in the UK several crops of GM plants have already been
terminally modified bypeople who object to Monsanto's
GM interference with foods and crops!

Would you believe that the UK Government agricultural experts
did not know that pollen-carrying bees can fly for up to 2 miles,
and that they proposed a 50 yard gap between fields of GM crops
and adjacent non-GM crops in the belief that bees did not fly
further than that!
I shudder to think what kind of idiots make this sort of decision.

Back to chiles - I find that seeds of habs and serranos that I saved
last year from plants grown from seed, kindly sent from Chileheads
in the US, have germinated and grown faster this season than
those from the original seeds. There must have been a rapid adaptation
to the English climate!

Regards,
Ron Hill, in Eastern England.