Re: [CH] Grove City chili cook-off story

GarryMass@aol.com
Thu, 13 May 1999 19:45:05 EDT

In a message dated 5/13/99 9:28:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
72163.1353@compuserve.com writes:

> It was neat to taste all the different chili recipes, but I really wonder
>  how easy it is to call one the "best" of all the entries.

This philosopher's question is, in part of course, why we're here.
I'd love to try a Chili that tastes like jerk seasoning, and I've shared a
recipe on here for a black bean chili that tastes like a rich beef stew
(though heart healthy).
I loved it that Alex chose these two types to tell us about rather than the
much overdone "mucho macho caliende" chilis where heat is its own reward (?).
"Encore," Alex, what sorts of peppers were these folks using?
Gareth