Re: [CH]V5 #325 Rare Meat + Transplanting Question...

Cameron Begg (begg.4@osu.edu)
Fri, 14 May 1999 07:51:07 -0500

Hi C-H's,
Randy (Just call me Huddie) wrote:
>I know that cats who go outside can pick up toxoplasmosis.  Apparently
>it's a parasite.  That is why pregnant women should not empty litter
>boxes.

Only with great care.

>But I reckon any wild game could pick it up as easily as a cat.

Evidently not.

>Cameron, do you know anything about this?

No, but I looked it up:
http://www.avma.org/care4pets/antoxo.htm
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dpd/toxoplas.htm

Scarey. (Another good reason for not living with animals.)

And Brent T. wrote:
>Chiles readily root along their stems -- even a bout of humid warm weather
>will cause little roots to appear on the stem and even sometimes large
>branches, right in the open air.  So, I plant chile plants very deep,

That's a "me too". Any plants which are "hairy" stemmed, and obviously the
species C. pubescens is a good example, will be able to adapt their air
borne stem hairs into root hairs just as tomato plants do.

---
                     Regards,               Cameron.