[CH] Cowhorns

Marshall Williams (marshallw@ibm.net)
Sat, 15 May 1999 23:11:29 -0500

I have grown cowhorns twice - once in a pot and they weren't anything
much, and two seasons back in the ground and they were terrific.  I put
them in all kinds of food, especially my cornbread.  I had so many from
just one plant that I made a number of ristas as well as drying them.

Scott - I don't think what you had were cowhorns.  Cowhorns are
definitely not skinny - they are fairly fat, about 5 inches or so long
(some are longer) and curved - just like a cow's horn.  I don't remember
it taking that long to get a heat-hit.  Not like a tobasco or tepin, but
definitely hot and nice for cooking with.  If they weren't so pointed,
they'd probably make great stuffing peppers.

- Marshall watching the peppers grow in N'Awlins