Re: [CH] Yucca Root

Charles Demas (demas@sunspot.tiac.net)
Wed, 19 May 1999 02:29:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 18 May 1999, Rob Solarion wrote:

> Well, I don't know where you live, but here in Texas we have always been
> familiar with the Yucca, which many people have planted in their yards.  In
> the local Oscar's Supermercado Mexicano there is a whole bin of Yucca
> Roots, black things about a foot long.  So I assume that even in the best
> of times, people still like to eat them.  My question remains : does
> anybody have a good recipe for preparing and serving them?  Thanks.  Rob

As nobody seems to have one, I looked in the Epicurious dictionary,
and found two recipes using yucca (aka yuca aka cassava), one for spiced
yucca chips, and one for a tuna soup.  I read them, but I haven't tried
them.  I'm only posting this because you really seemed to want a recipe.

The spiced yucca chips sounds like it's somewhat chilehead inspired.

Anyway, Here's the URL that'll get you to them:

EPICURIOUS: RECIPE FILE: SEARCH RESULTS Yucca

http://food.epicurious.com/s97is.vts?action=filtersearch&filter=recipe-filter.hts&collection=Recipes&ResultTemplate=recipe-results.hts&keyword=yuca

Here's the URL for the EPICURIOUS DICTIONARY.  Bookmark it, it's great!

http://www.epicurious.com/db/dictionary/terms/indexes/dictionary.html

Chuck Demas
Needham, Mass.

  Eat Healthy    |   _ _   | Nothing would be done at all,
  Stay Fit       |   @ @   | If a man waited to do it so well,
  Die Anyway     |    v    | That no one could find fault with it.
  demas@tiac.net |  \___/  | http://www.tiac.net/users/demas