Re: [CH] Places to visit in NYC and DC area

=Mark (mstevens@exit109.com)
Tue, 25 May 1999 13:56:11 -0400

At 05:14 PM 5/25/99 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Me and my girlfriend are going to the east cost on vacation this summer and
>I wonder if any of you have any restaurants or hot shops to recommend. We
>will visit Washington DC, Virginia Beach, NYC and Niagara Falls on our trip.

Since you are going to Virginia Beach, you might want to check out The
Peppers Lovers Club of Virginia Beach at:

http://www.pepperloversclub.com/

>I have an old Chile Pepper Magazine where they recommend a place called
>"Santa Fe Cafe" in Arlington, VA. I also found a place called "Coyote Cafe"
>(http://www.vabeach.com/coyote_cafe/index.html) near Virginia Beach. Anybody
>have any experience with these restaurants?

There are two locations of Santa Fe Cafe, Arlington, Va. and Bethesda, MD.
Both are pretty good, though they can get loud and crowded at peak times.
Cajun Bankok in Old Town Alexandria, Va has an interesting spin on hot &
spicy, a combination of Cajun and Thai.  Menu can be seen at:

http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens/cajbang.html

Also in Old Town Alexandria is the Santa Fe East, a more upscale
Southwestern/New Mexican establishment.  Menu at:

http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens/santafe.html

In new york I could recommend possibly my favorite Hot & Spicy restaurant
of all, Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill.  This place was tops on my list even
before there was a Food Network.  Menu at:

http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens/mesagril.html

If you make plans for dinner in either DC or NYC you might want to post it
to the list and make it an impromptu Chileheads gathering.  I know
(depending on the dates) I could do a meal in NYC...

                    =Mark "Runs With Scissors" Stevens

                @ http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens @
                                  @ ICQ# 2059548 @

                Where ya' from?