Re: [CH] 20% vinegar

Brad Lewis (bal99@jane.penn.com)
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 12:07:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 22 Jun 1998, Charles Demas wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Jun 1998, Mary Going wrote:
>
> > Anyone know where I can buy 6 gallons of 20% acidity white distilled
> > vinegar?
>
> Sounds more like glacial acetic acid than vinegar.  You might consider
> a chemical supply house.  Check your yellow pages.

I'd be really careful about using Acetic Acid. Most chemicals from
chemical supply houses are NOT food quality and very often contain
dangerous impurities. And glacial acetic acid is 100% acetic acid, is
dangerous, and stinks to high heaven.

You might try contacting some place like Heinz Foods in Pittsburgh. I'm
sure they have different grades of food grade high strength vinegar that
they'd sell in bulk.

Good luck,

Brad