Re: [CH] Toronto Festival

edmiston@wardpress.com
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 23:07:24 -0500

Doug Irvine wrote:

> edmiston@wardpress.com wrote:
> >
> > John Sargant wrote:
> > >
> > > Toronto CH's may want to visit the Hot and Spicy Food Festival at
> > > Harbourfront Centre on August 14-16.
> >
> > Hard for me to plan
> > that far ahead, but if someone reminds us closer to the date, I'll make
> > an effort to be there.
>
> Man, I dunno about these down easters, who have migrated to Tronna, they
> cant remember a month away????

Heheheh, well down here we actually *work* for a living, unlike you left
coasters who close up shop at 3 p.m. on Fridays to go windsurfing (don't
deny it Doug, I lived in Van for 18 months and I remember all too well
their business practices. (: ). Apologies to Merkin CHs who don't get
the in-joke though I think you have an equivalent relationship between
NYC and LA/SF.

How you doin, how are your peppers
> growing in that Newfie heaven?

More insider hoserspeak follows: First, being originally from Nova
Scotia and having never been to Newfoundland, I have enough trouble with
Torontonians assuming I'm a Newfie. (: Don't go there, you
left-coast-dwellin' draft dodger, although I mean that in the nicest
possible way. (: Second, I don't even have a balcony, so growing pepper
is kind of a non-issue.

I have one....only one....something or
> other, which has turned yellow, and may turn red! When I HARVEST it, I
> will taste it and see how hot it is! Ane then let everyone know, as this
> wil be a first this year.

Well I wish you luck with your harvest despite it all. El Nino is taking
its toll in downtown TO (100 degrees with the humidex yesterday, and I
don't have AC); hope you folks in BC have it a little kinder.